Protecting your private information is our priority, and we are committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Auto Monkey Platform as defined in the Terms and Conditions and governs data collection and usage and describes how we collect, receive, use, store, share, transfer and process your personal information. It also describes your choice regarding its use, as well as your rights of access and correction of your personal information.
What Information We Collect
- When You Visit our Website. You are free to explore the Website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the Website or register for the Subscription Service, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
- Personal Information. This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, email address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Website, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual.
Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to the Website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Use of Navigation Information” section below.
Payment information includes information we collect and process from you when you subscribe to the Subscription Service, including credit card numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers and via encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Except for this, we do not collect other Sensitive Information from you.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
- Sensitive Information. This refers to credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers or similar personal identifiers, racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health condition or information, or other employment, financial or health information.
- Log Files. When you view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Auto Monkey to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to other Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
- Information we collect from third parties. From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and sources such as social media website.
- Information About Minors. The Website is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
How We Use Information We Collect
- We Never Sell Personal Information. We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email, post, or other marketing communications related activities from Auto Monkey, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the unsubscribe links provided on each communique.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
- Legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only). If you are a visitor located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Auto Monkey Ireland Limited is the data controller of your personal information. Auto Monkey’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- Use of Navigational Information. We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Website and to provide you with a better experience when you interact with Auto Monkey. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about Auto Monkey. Navigational Information, such as IP address, is used to approximate your location. For example, we may use your approximate location to provide content that has been translated or send emails at certain times using your local time zone.
You may disable the collection and use of your location data through browser-, operating system- or device-level settings. Consent concerning location data may be withdrawn at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Customer Testimonials and Comments. We post customer testimonials and comments on our Website, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
- Security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
- Public Forums. We offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Website if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe From Our Communications” below.
- Retention of Personal Information. We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Auto Monkey account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
The data our customers collect by using the Subscription Service is retained according to the relevant agreements with our customers.
How we Share Information we Collect
- Service Providers. We employ other third-party service providers to provide services on our behalf to visitors to our Website and our customers and users of the Subscription Service and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. These service providers are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
- Corporate Events. If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Auto Monkey on the Website and the Subscription Service.
- Compelled Disclosure. We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Auto Monkey pages, or register with Auto Monkey site or services, a cookie helps Auto Monkey to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Auto Monkey website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Auto Monkey features that you customized.
- Navigational Information Collected by Our Customers. Our customers can use the tools we provide, as well as tools provided by third parties, to collect Navigational Information when you visit their webpages on the Subscription Service. Auto Monkey does not control our customers’ use of these tools, nor do we control the information they collect or how they use it.
- Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information. You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject Line “Privacy.” We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
If you would like to access or control your data with one of our customers or users of the Subscription Service, please contact the customer or user directly.
- Anti-Spam Policy. Our Acceptable Use Policy, among other things, prohibits use of the Subscription Service to send unsolicited commercial email in violation of applicable laws, and requires the inclusion in every email sent using the Subscription Service of an “opt-out” mechanism and other required information. We require all of our customers to agree to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy at all times, and any violations of the Acceptable Use Policy by a customer can result in immediate suspension or termination of the Subscription Service.
- To Unsubscribe From Our Communications. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails, updating your communication preferences, or by emailing us at email@example.com using the Subject Line “Privacy.” Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or the Subscription Service.
- To Unsubscribe From Our 3rd Party or Partners’ Communications. Our customers are solely responsible for their own marketing emails and other communications; we cannot unsubscribe you from 3rd party or Partners’ communications. You can unsubscribe from any 3rd Party or Partners’ marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of their emails, or by contacting them directly.
California Privacy Rights
For purposes of this section “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- How We Collect, Use, and Share your Personal Information
- We have collected the following statutory categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. We collect this information directly from you or from third party sources.
- Commercial information, such as subscription records. We collect this information directly from you.
- Internet or network information, such as browsing and search history. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Geolocation data, such as IP address. We collect this information from your device.
- Financial information, such as Payment Information or financial account numbers in the process of providing you with a subscription. We collect this information from you.
- Other personal information, in instances when you interact with us online, by phone or mail in the context of receiving help through our help desks or other support channels; participation in customer surveys or contests; or in providing the Subscription Service.
- Your California Rights. You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.Auto Monkey does not sell Personal
Information to third parties (pursuant to California Civil Code §§ 1798.100–1798.199, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018).
- How to Exercise your California Rights. You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your Personal Information.
Please use the contact details below, if you would like to: Access this policy in an alternative format; Exercise your rights; Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices; or Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Privacy.”
Data Protection Officer
Changes to this Statement
Auto Monkey welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Auto Monkey has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Auto Monkey at:
5329 Emmeryville Ln
Fort Worth, Texas 76244, USA
Email Address: email@example.com Subject line “Privacy.”
Telephone number: 888-501-2201
Last Updated: Feb 24, 2023